Followers

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What I've been learning in my Academic working Environment

Week 6. . . Well I feel like this has been a total acceptable challenge so far. I have learned many old lessons in the correct fashion is where I want to start this short essay. My academic environment has humbled me to realize that I remember learning: but I don’t know everything!
I thought that since I could get on stage and “rock a crowd” with a poetic touch that I knew the basics as well as I knew my first name.  For example my punctuation is really a key to how I communicate from first pause to the last letter. I took it for granted that just because you write how you talk in a poetic environment that it would be the same in a broader literary environment. This has proven to definitely not be the case. So I will be working on that aspect of my experience in this class. I do however feel compelled to expand and tweak that issue as well as my vocabulary. Believe it or not, I am flattered to be able to work on these things to better myself. Not only better myself in this area as a student but as a professional in my craft also.
Another aspect of what I am learning is that my research techniques need some work as well. I have done research and research papers before but not to the depth that we are going into in this class. I also appreciate this advance of knowledge and updating. I feel that as a student this will not only make me into an all around scholar of sorts but a better parent. This is because I will be able to pass on the abilities that I acquire from my classes on to my children that they may one day be able to advance in a remarkable fashion. I hope and pray that God keeps me on this smooth path to a successful future as well as my colleagues that are in class with me on a day to day basis. Thank you for your time reading this entry Professor Brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment